Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holiday Season

Yep, it's that time. The weather has gotten cold and I've been neglecting crafting. I really should be working on the two cat paintings I've been asked to do and stocking my etsy shop, but it's so much easier to snuggle with Golly and a blanket and watch episode after episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I haven't been completely lazy though. There's been a lot of cooking and some Christmas present making, both partially due to Pinterest taking over my internet life. I finished the tomato slice pillow I was working on. Here's a picture of how that turned out. 
nom nom on those beautiful french knots

It's currently on its way to Jesi in Florida. I really, really hope she likes it! 

Now, I don't know about you, but I kind of have a thing for phone charms. I buy them, and I buy them often. My collection isn't huge, but it's probably bigger than your normal phone charm admirer. For a while now, they've all been stuffed away in a drawer by my sewing machine. I don't change the one on my phone very often. (Which is really stupid considering how many I have.) The last time I tried to buy one, Brittney reminded me of how many unused ones I have tucked away in a drawer. "Why don't you change them out sometimes?" (I'm paraphrasing here, Brittney, don't go saying I put words in your mouth. You probably don't even remember this happening.) So I decided to make a phone charm display thingy to hang on the wall. That way I can look at all the cuteness and change them out with my mood. I finished it two days ago but it isn't hung up yet. Where should I put this bad boi?
failed attempt at stripes :(
So I'm sure you're noticing where the blue bled under the painters tape. That's ok. I didn't mind the way it looked enough to do anything about it. I was going to keep adding hooks but I decided to wait until I get more charms :) Here's what it looks like with my little collection. (Laying flat since I don't have it up yet.)
I think I have some more in another area of the house... I should find those.
Speaking of hanging things up... I had a chalkboard left over from unused wedding supplies, so I decided to give it a purpose. 
It's hanging next to the stove


Gift giving! My sister and I just asked each other for specific gifts instead of worrying over what to give. We both got on ol' Pinterest and got to pinning. She's making me a stripey cowl scarf >o< EXCITE! I made her a wrap vest thingy. I used this tutorial from the blog Behind the Seams. The result is really cute and versatile. I think I'll be making one for myself. Tonight I want to get started on some infused vodka. Jalapeno for my dad and cranberry for my sister-in-law. I will, of course, have to keep some of each for myself because vodka. I made a few things of body scrub for various people. I can't remember where I got the recipe so I'll try to remember it...

Spiced Mocha Body Scrub
Those jars are just the right size for this sort of thing. I got them at Hobby Lobby for $1 each. (50% off) I can't wait to give them a little fanciness. Here's me taking a stab at the recipe:

1/2 C + about 1 Tbs white sugar
1/2 Tbs ground coffee
1/2 Tbs cocoa powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 shake ginger
1 shake nutmeg
2 1/2 Tbs grapeseed oil (get this in the cooking oil section, it's way cheaper than the bottles by essential oils)

Mix all dry ingredients together well, then add in the oil. You can play with the measurements. I did. It smells really good and when I tested in on my hands, they felt great after washing it off. 
I decorated our tiny tree and wrapped Casey's presents. He's the only one I've finished shopping for. I'm really putting it off this year. I think it's because I told myself I would start early. Damn it.

ALSO I GOT GOLLY SOME PJ'S!!! 
booty

No comments:

Post a Comment